.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

RJ's blog

Because Kate says I have to...

Name:
Location: Florida, U.S. Outlying Islands

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Time Warp

So I went to the one hour dry cleaners because I needed clothes for the next day. They asked me when I wanted to pick them up. I told them "tomorrow, around this time."

They told me, "Well, okay, but we usually like to have at least two days in case he wants to re-do a garment."

I don't know who he is. Or why he has such little faith in his abilities to get it right the first time. But apparently he needs to get out more. Even just out front where he can see the "One Hour Service" sign.

I realize that they probably count on the one hour service not being requested that frequently. That's what happens at the one hour photo shop too. But when I ask for a pick-up time that is 23 hours past the time they advertise, I at least expect them not to give me a hard time about it.

Also, if it's going to take 2 days anyway, I might as well go to the $1.99 dry cleaner that is closer to me, obviously less expensive, and stays open later.

I almost pointed all this out to the clerk, but I decided not to waste my breath and instead to publish it here for both my adoring fans. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home